Sunday 1 July 2012

June 29, 2012
Since we didn't sleep til 3am, we got up and left the hostel at noon. We walked to the big cathedral, the Dom, and the surrounding area. It was like a big version of Nuremberg. Padestrian streets with a lot of shopping.
We were forced to make our first stop at the Ludwig Museum behind the Dom. You see, I brought the storm with me all the way from Milan. Since Milan, every city zi've been to has had some kinda of rain or thunderstorm. I was told thst this is weird weather for Cologne, so it must be me. At one point it looked like a waterfall outside. You probably think I'm exaggerrating these rainstorms but now you can ask Rach if I am over blowing the rain. I'M NOT!
It was a contemporary art gallery and I found a new interesting artist. Claes Oldenburg. This museum also had a permanent Picasso gallery too, but I'm not very interested in Picasso. Halfway through we get hungry so we go out and look for food. The rain subsided a little, but still pretty bad. We made a dash towards the hauptbahnoff, which is behind Ludwig Museum, and I got another half chicken. This Currywurstexpress place was craxy! 4.40 euros I got half a chicken, a drink, fries, a Coca Cola lanyard, and a big bottle of Hienz ketchup. What was I gonna do with a bottle of ketchup? I gave it back.
After lunch we finished the Ludwig museum. They had Roy Lichtenstein and Andy Worhal pieces! That was pretty cool. I like them.
We walked around the Rhein, their famous river, and then the old town, and back to the shopping area. I ALMOST bought a jacket again. But I had self control. Well, it didn't fit well also. At about 7 we start walking back to the hostel. We stop at a bar/ restaurant and have Italian food for dinner. My last day in Germany I eat spaghetti. At least I had their local beer though!

No comments:

Post a Comment