Friday 1 June 2012

Yesterday I followed my new Australian friend, Andrew, to Figueres to go see the Salvador Dali museum. A girl who just got to the hostel the night before joined us that morning. Just made a new Isreali friend! 2.5 hours later on a train we finally made it. I am spending way too much money now. Each museum I have been to so far has cost me around 15 euros already. O well I will probably never come back to Figueres anyway. All I can say about the museum is that if you are ever in Barcelona and you have an interest for surrealism, you MUST go to the Dali museum.
O I forgot I went to Casa Mila the day before too. Woops. When you are on your own, it is so much easier to fit everything into your schedule. You can walk at your own pace, skip things that don't interest you, and stay as long as you want wherever you want. In my case, I am going through museums at an incredible pace. Not because I'm just walking through without "absorbing" the content. I just walk fast and know what I want to see.


Anyway, apparently George Lucas was influenced by Gaudi's 'monsters' on the roof terrace. I can believe that. People here believe that so much that they sell Star Wars books here. They are like the Storm troopers in case you don't know what I'm talking about.
I went to eat with the girl, her name is Adi (stress on the 'di'), and she told me all about how in Isreal she learned English through 'Friends' on tv. And she learned it quite well since she is more fluent than all fobs in Vancouver. Ya that's right, you guys fail. Hard. Then we started talking aout How I Met Your Mother. Is this girl for real? I'm starting to feel right at home now.
We spent that evening at the Magic Fountain near Placa D'Espanya. It was like a fireworks show except with water. The show was accompanied with Oasis, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Backstreet Boys, One Republic, and so on... I felt like I went to Disneyland or something. American influence runs deep in Barcelona. It was kind of a flop so the three of us decided that we wouldn´t want to let the night go to waste, so we went in search of alcohol. Half an hour of trying to get a little wet, we found a bar, had one drink, and decided to bring the party back to the hostel before the metro closes at 1am. We went to a supermarket to get Spanish Champagne, Caves (pronounced Cava), and went back to the hostel. Long story short, didn´t sleep til 4am and had an intellectual drunk chat with the receptionist about the European crisis. I´m smart when I´m drunk!

BTW if you guys want postcards please let me know. Email me or get Whatsapp and msg me your address. jmak711@gmail.com. I´ve already sent out two. Jessie and mom today I mailed you a postcard and we will see how long it takes to get to you. Also, I don´t think I´ll be able to do that video thing. Way too sketch and retarded for me to walk around showing off my tablet. Also it takes my tablet a few hours to upload my vids and I just don´t know when I can sit and wait for it like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment